Spin Age Blasters

...so agitated

Friday, February 11, 2005

What We Did Was Secret

My other blog "What we do is secret" was really just a repository for my MRR columns. The column started out several years ago as a demystification of the punk rock collectors scene, but later devolved into extended reviews of vintage punk rock reissues, going beyond the requisite 20 word reviews that the mag would do in its regular review section. That blog is still happening, and will continue to do so, but it sort of defeats the blog ethos in that I only published it monthly, and you can find the column in actual physical print at the newstand. Some pandering types have told me they only read the mag for my little ole shit column. While I'd certainly wouldn't wanna rob the mag of lost sales by publishing my column online (and practically a month earlier than when it hits newstands), I seriously doubt that my column stands out among the denizens in the mag. Me, I'm always impartial to Mykel Board's sexploits.

Anyhow, "Spin Age Blasters" will be a more personal outlet, and if not always literally about rock and roll, the spirit will always be there. It's named after the lesser musically of the two (but better named!) 45's by The Electric Eels, a Cleveland proto punk band from the early-mid 70's. Their sound could really be no better described as "sorta fucked up" (in the best possible way, natch.).

So away we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home